Thursday, November 27, 2008

Egg bundles!

I'm not sure what spurred me to make this last night...I was in the living room dutifully writing out my Chinese characters when i suddenly remembered a recipe that I saw a couple years back. I'm not sure how faithful I was to the original recipe, considering that I didn't recall it all too well, but I did try my best! The basic jist of the recipe was to wrap fried rice in a little web of egg and tie the bundle with a thin slice of chive or green onion.



Egg bundles:

-1 cup white rice
-1/3 cup diced onion
-1/3 cup diced carrots
-1/3 cup peas
-3 eggs, whisked with 3 tablespoons water
-soybean oil

Heat the soybean oil in a pan and add the onion, carrots, and peas. Fry the vegetables until they smell quite nice and season with salt and pepper as needed, then add the rice. Put the eggs in a squeeze-bottle and work quickly to create egg webs. Place several spoonfuls of the rice in the center of each egg web and tie with a sliver of herb.

I apologize for how shoddy this recipe is, but I honestly don't remember much other than this :P

1 comment:

omgo0kness said...

Jen Ko, I am so glad I stumbled across your blog. You are adorable, and I hope you're having an amazing time at college! <3