Saturday, August 15, 2009

Happy Days

:)

I think I've pretty much adjusted to being back home...Korea was brilliantly fun but it's also lovely to be back in ny and amongst english speakers. Here are the photos that I never got to put up before I left!

So here is my beloved Sarah in front of Batali's Otto.

Vongole pizza with clams, garlic and mozzarella- wonderfully crisp and flavourful without being too heavy. Though I have a personal dislike of clams and mussels because their texture makes me feel like I'm nibbling on a human ear, the clams on this pizza weren't like that at all. I'm sorry if that clam/mussel description disturbed you, but this blog is my soapbox and I will say what I will!


I tried the potato, ricotta, and anchovy pizza two nights ago and it was quite tasty as well, but the anchovies tasted somewhat strange to me.

The rigatoni with sausage and escarole. This photo really doesn't do this dish justice...the pasta is somewhat salty from the sausage but is nicely balanced out by the escarole and the aromatic garlic flavors. Another plus is that there's no danger of splattering sauce on oneself because there isn't any! Score~

The gelato at Otto is reputed to be one of the best in the city, so I had high hopes when Sarah and I first ordered it, but I think I've reached the conclusion that I am just not a gelato girl. I would much rather prefer a dessert that isn't so plain...maybe something that is tall and goes on fire and combines crunchy, smooth, hot and cold elements! But then again I am asking too much of a simple dessert...

Dim sum with Amy!

I love roast pork buns with all my heart! I prefer the steamed ones because the kind that are encased in flaky pastry, like these, are slightly too oily for my taste, but you gotta love 'em anyway. My mom doesn't like pork buns because she finds the neon pink pork somewhat disturbing, but I actually like the color contrast between the pale dough and the bright filling.

I have no idea what this is!

Nor this!

Last dim sum picture!

Otto
1 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10003
(212) 995-9559

No comments: