Sunday, February 15, 2009

Post-Valentine's Day Aftermath...

This is hardly the best way to begin a post, but I really can't get over the fact that I'm awake right now. It's barely 9 in the morning and everyone else appears to be sound-asleep in their beds-hair matted and shoes tossed haphazardly on the floor. I hope that you all had a lovely Valentine's Day, with or without a Valentine.

Is it just me, or do you guys do this too? After major holidays I like going to CVS/Eckerd/Duane Reade/what have you and buying massive, massive quantities of candy related to that holiday at ridiculously cheap prices. So yea....if you happen to venture out today, I'll be helping CVS clean out its Valentine's Day inventory like the good consumer that I am.

So yesterday, Eunae, Hayato, Andrew and I went to Ten Ren's Tea Time in college park (the word "ten ren" of course meaning "a place that makes super awesome bubble tea with pearls soaked in honey and happy high school memories"). I had no idea that Ten Rens existed outside of ny! After living in DC for a while I realized that there weren't any good bubble tea places near Georgetown. I even went to Chinatown in search of roast pork buns and bubble tea but the only bakery-like establishment happened to have newspapers strewn on the floor and the bubble tea I had was somewhat gritty and strange. Deprived of my buns and boba, I was not a happy camper. Now that I have excellent bubble tea a mere metro ride away, my life is a little more complete. Just a bit.

Inside Ten Ren's.

My roast pork bun. Now that I think about it, "pork bun" may have been the first Chinese word I ever learned...

Fried cheese wontons. I'm not sure why but I felt kind of stressed while eating these...it might have been the act of biting into them with the knowledge that there was dangerously hot, oozy cheese inside. 0___0

Kung Pao tofu with peanuts and...corn? For some reason all the entrees came with a little scoop of canned corn.

Hayato ordered this but I don't recall exactly what it was...something with chicken?

Tonkatsu!

General Tso's.

The spread.

The sad thing about this photo is that I can't tell whether or not my eyes are closed.

Andrew and Eunae intently drinking their bubble tea.

Eunae's lychee bubble tea. It didn't come with the fuzzy glow and the small star attached to it, but this is how I felt when I drank it. It was so wonderfully delicious that I wanted to weep lychee tears.

Wow I started this post at 9 and it's taken me a full hour to get to this point. Anyway, please visit Ten Ren's and try their bubble tea! I mean, it made me want to weep lychee tears and I'm not someone who is usually overcome by waves of emotion like that.
Au revoir!

Ten Ren's Tea Time
7418 BALTIMORE AVE
COLLEGE PARK, MD 20740
(301) 864-8920

4 comments:

Liana said...

wow, i'm ... really jealous that you have a ten ren's near you. :/ i went for pho & bubble tea/froyo yesterday (have you ever tried the avocado bubble tea? it's actually really good). my taro bubble tea was delicious, but i really missed the warm lychee tea with jelly at ten ren's :[ i noticed that none of you guys got jelly .. do you not like jelly? =( it's amazing.

whatthewai said...

wow ten ren's... that brings me back to so many of my high school memories too... can we go sometime? please?

Johnny Tanned said...

TAKE ME HERE KO-KO!

Johnnesk said...

I came, I saw, I was bored...