Sunday, February 1, 2009

Super Bowl Sunday

What better way is there to celebrate Super Bowl Sunday than by writing up a new fooding post? I've been eating out a ton recently and have built up a good number of photos to show all of you! (That is, all ten of you readers out there. hehe)

Several nights ago Eunae, Derrick and I went to Bangkok Bistro for a quiet dinner. The funny thing about Bangkok is that I always feel as if I'm at home whenever I eat there but I've never been able to put my finger on the reason...until now. Bangkok Bistro is almost identical to the Saigon Grill in Union Square, which I wrote about sometime in August. The ambience is eerily similar, as are the menu and the waitstaff. This can't just be something about Thai restaurants, right?!

Are we in ny or dc? I can't tell!

The wonderful crispy tuna roll. There was some tension among the three of us as we realized that there were only two pieces left.

The pad thai that never disappoints!

Derrick's drunken noodles...I recall there being a small complaint on his part about the oiliness of the noodles?

Futomaki = Kimbab. I had no idea until I ordered it that night! There's really no point in ordering it at a place like Bangkok because the best kind of kimbab is made by middle-aged korean women with frizzy, DIY perms.

A couple days after Bangkok Bistro, CSA held their annual ball at Chinatown Garden.
Our lovely table.

Barbeque ribs with lots of sharp bone fragments hidden inside 0____0

The spring rolls.

The delicious cross section.

I found a small golden star on the rim of my soup bowl.

I was wondering what these little fried lumps were...

And it was shrimp! It would be nice if that happened more often...I mean, not knowing what something is and having it turn out to be shrimp. Yom.

The glorious fried bananas.

There were a total of ten dishes but a handful of them didn't look too appetizing, so I didn't take any photos. In any case, expect more posts soon!

Bangkok Bistro
3251 Prospect St NW # 1
Washington, DC 20007
(202) 337-2424

Chinatown Garden
618 H St NW
Washington, DC 20001
(202) 737-8887

2 comments:

tklderrick said...

hahahaha lol "middle-aged korean women with frizzy, DIY perms"...

there is this place in korea called "김가네" they have all kinds of kimbabs! you should definitely visit there this summer! gaaaah so good.

awesome post once again!

eaterofjellybeans said...

how was the csa ball? was it worth it again? mad dancing again this time?