Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Spring Break Part II

It's almost Easter break but I still have so many photos left from Spring Break that I have to post about! I can never seem to catch up with myself...

Prune- Sarah and I met up here for an early lunch...I was actually the first customer of the day and other than a food photographer doing a photoshoot, the restaurant was deserted. I went on a weekday and therefore didn't get to try the brunch, which I've heard is quite delicious.

And here she is, the food photographer with her super-swanky camera.

The interior with Sarita in the corner.

Kafei.

Crisp cod in saffron broth with cabbage, leeks, and potatoes.

And that was Prune.

Later that day after meandering through Central Park, taking lots of group shots, and pressing our noses against the glass exhibits at AMNH (dinosaurs!!!), Johnny, Sarah, Sun, Edwin, and I went to Havana Central for dinner. Union Square is super convenient to get to from most points in Manhattan and our waiter didn't card us, both of which very good reasons to visit Havana.

Very Cuban.



I think that this was mango-glazed salmon. Was it delicious? Most likely, yes.

Pork and yellow rice.

Arroz con pollo.

Mood lighting. Sexy.

This dinner happened so long ago that I can barely remember anything worth mentioning...To put it briefly, we were drop-dead tired from roaming in the cold weather and the food was nice, hot, and rejuvenating.

Prune
54 E 1st St # 1
New York, NY 10003
(212) 677-6221

Havana Central
151 W 46th St
New York, NY 10036
(212) 398-7440

No comments: